Our Commitment to Responsible Sourcing
Cameron Mitchell Restaurants has built a reputation centered on quality service, ambiance and uncompromising food. Our 21-year commitment to responsible sourcing of the highest-quality ingredients has naturally aligned us with farmers, fishermen, processors, suppliers and bakers who share our commitment. Their products reflect the level of quality we demand.
Every day, we work in partnership with our suppliers to source even more local and natural ingredients, when those products meet our high standards. That means taking advantage of foods available from local farmers, featuring items that are locally sourced or all natural when possible, and securing products for our menus that reflect both our quality expectations and our commitment to responsible sourcing.
The guests in our restaurants are asking for more of these products, and we believe our response is a natural extension of the procurement practices we have had in place for two decades. High quality on the plate starts with the highest-quality ingredients. We have done business in this fashion since day one and will continue to do so. We do it because it is the right thing to do.
The CMR Commitment
- Sourcing the highest-quality ingredients in a responsible manner
- Aligning with suppliers and vendors who share our values
- Increasing our sourcing of local, natural ingredients when appropriate
- Encouraging our associates to be engaged in responsible sourcing selections
- Developing menus and offering special menu features that reflect our commitment
- Responding to the desires of our guests for a variety of choices in our restaurants
We are also making multiple changes inside our restaurants which focus on preserving the environment for future generations. Each restaurant is a little different and we are committed to the following efforts:
Most CMR restaurants
- use bleached recycled content napkins
- have implemented energy saving opportunities such as LED lighting and energy efficient kitchen equipment
- have implemented water saving technologies such as low flow plumbing fixtures
- are partnering with local efforts of organic recycling
- are partnering with Valero and DarPro Solutions converting our used cooking oils to green diesel
We are always looking for new opportunities and are very excited about our new used cooking oils partnership with Valero and Darling International. By summer 2013, nearly all of our used cooking oils will be converted to green diesel nationwide.