posted on January 27, 2015 12:58
Sources credit the gimlet to Sir Thomas O. Gimlette, a British naval surgeon. Dr. Gimlette observed that limes, containing vitamin C, offered significant protection against scurvy. In combining lime juice with gin, he sought an attractive way to encourage sailors to imbibe lime juice as an anti-scorbutic. If you liked the classic you are sure to enjoy our twist on an old favorite!
Italian Grapefruit Gimlet
- 2 oz. Finlandia Grapefruit Vodka
- ½ oz. Aperol Liqueur
- ¾ oz. fresh grapefruit juice
- ½ oz. simple syrup
- ½ oz. fresh lime juice
- Grapefruit wedge garnish
- Fill service glass with ice
- Add all ingredients to tin
- Add ice to tin to fill half way
- Shake vigorously and strain into iced service glass
- Garnish with grapefruit wedge and serve!
Return to Kitchen & Drink