posted on March 25, 2015 08:51
This lamb recipe is perfect for Easter. I recommend serving it with a spring pea and wild mushroom sauté and au gratin potatoes.
Boneless Leg of Lamb with Garlic & Rosemary
- 1 boneless leg of lamb, have butcher roll and tie for you
- 6 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- Freshly cracked pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons rosemary, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup dry red wine
- Pat lamb leg dry with a clean cloth, make shallow cuts into the leg with a paring knife.
- Insert the whole garlic cloves into the cuts.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Rub extra virgin olive oil all over the lamb leg, then season with salt & pepper.
- Place lamb in a lightly oiled roasting pan.
- Roast in the oven until the internal temperature reaches 130 (approximately 1 ½ to two hours).
- Remove from the oven, then remove from the pan and let rest for at least 15 minutes before carving.
- Remove any excess fat and place onto pan onto a medium burner, add red wine and reduce, scraping up any bits from the bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon.
- Strain through a fine mesh strainer and serve with the carved roasted leg of lamb with a side of mint jelly.
Return to Kitchen & Drink