posted on April 24, 2015 11:56
Mezcal is a tequila-like, smoky flavored Mexican spirit made from agave plant. This cocktail combines mezcal and silver tequila in an elevated margarita-style libation. The fresh basil and jalapeño impart a complex and exotic flavor, making uniquely provocative and refreshing.
- 1 ½ ounces Herradura Silver Tequila
- ½ ounce Monte Alban Mezcal
- ½ ounce fresh-squeezed lime juice
- ½ ounce Cointreau
- ¼ ounce simple syrup
- 5 basil leaves
- ½ 1” jalapeño wheel, seeded
- Muddle basil and jalapeño in a mixing tin.
- Combine remaining ingredients in the mixing tin and add ice.
- Shake vigorously for 10 seconds.
- Double strain into a glass.
- Add crushed ice and serve!
Return to Kitchen & Drink