posted on July 13, 2015 13:32
I recently had the opportunity to prepare a meal for the Women's Board Culinary Series at Franklin Park Conservatory. We began the evening with a course of hand-pulled fresh mozzarella. This dish will really impress guests and it's so much easier than you might think.
- 4.5 ounces Mozzarella curd
- Water to cover
- 3 Roasted tomato halves
- 1.5 tablespoons Pesto oil
- 5 Focaccia crostini
- 1/2 crank cracked black pepper
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- Place mozzarella curd in a small plastic container and cover with water and one teaspoon Kosher
- Microwave on high for one to two minutes or until mozzarella is soft. Gently bring the
mozzarella together to form a ball.
- Place on a round plate and garnish with remaining salt, cracked pepper and olive oil.
- Place pesto in a ramekin next to mozzarella.
- Shingle tomatoes next to the mozzarella, wedge crostini in between tomatoes and pesto.
Return to Kitchen & Drink