posted on October 27, 2014 16:01
I love a great pork chop.
As a chef, I’m always looking to elevate ordinary ingredients to extraordinary dishes. I came up with this recipe when I began dating my wife, Kristen. Whenever I make this dish, I'm reminded of our first few romantic dinners together, so I hope it inspires you to cook it for your sweetie!
Korean Marinated Pork Chop & BBQ Sauce
- 2 pork chops
- 10 ounces soy sauce
- 2 ounces sesame oil
- 2 ounces sugar
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 ounces garlic, minced
- 3 ounces ginger, minced
- 3 ounces scallions
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted & ground
- Combine soy sauce, sesame oil, sugar and black pepper. Stir to dissolve sugar.
- Add the garlic, ginger, scallions and sesame seeds. Mix thoroughly.
- Marinate pork chops for at least a half-hour before cooking.
- Grill until done or sear in a cast iron skillet.
- 2 ½ cups light soy sauce
- 1 cup rice wine vinegar
- ½ cup scallions, minced
- ¼ cup garlic, minced
- ¼ cup sesame seeds, toasted
- ½-1 cup chili sauce
- ¼ cup ketchup
Combine all ingredients in a medium sauce pan and simmer to desired consistency – approximately one half hour.
This chop is delicious served with sticky rice and sautéed snap peas!
Return to Kitchen & Drink