posted on November 11, 2014 10:02
As the temperature is cooling down, it’s comforting to enjoy a warm cocktail. This cocktail is perfect for fall with Mount Gay Eclipse Rum, hot milk and spicy nutmeg.
Tom and Jerry
- 1 heaping teaspoon of homemade Tom and Jerry Batter (see below)
- 2 ounces Mount Gay Eclipse Rum
- Hot milk
- Build all ingredients in a coffee mug.
- Fill with hot milk and stir.
- Garnish with freshly-grated nutmeg and serve.
Tom and Jerry Batter
- 6 large eggs, separated
- 1/2 pound unsalted butter
- 1 ½ pounds powdered sugar, sifted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Beat egg whites to stiff peaks, set aside in the refrigerator.
- Beat egg yolks to bright yellow; add in vanilla, allspice and nutmeg. Set aside in the refrigerator.
- Cream room temperature butter, then slowly add in powdered sugar.
- Add egg yolk mixture into creamed butter and sugar mixture, beat together well, scraping the bowl as necessary.
- Fold in part of the egg whites, then beat in the rest of the egg whites until fluffy.
Mixture can be frozen immediately and can remain frozen until used, no need to thaw for service.
Return to Kitchen & Drink