posted on January 30, 2015 14:35
This recipe is a wonderful example of how soup can be elegant and exciting, but still perfect for when you're craving something comforting to warm you up.
Ginger Chicken Wonton Soup
Ingredients for the wontons:
- ½ lb. Chicken breast, boneless, skinless
- ¼ bunch cilantro, chopped
- ½ oz. Lemongrass, chopped
- 1 tsp. ginger powder
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- ¼ bunch scallions, chopped
- pinch of white pepper
Ingredients for the broth:
- 4 cups double chicken stock, hot
- 4 shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- ½ carrot, julienned
- 1 scallion, sliced
- ¼ cup light soy sauce
- salt to taste
To prepare the wontons:
- You can purchase wonton wrappers at your local grocery store. They usually come in square packages and are 3” x 3”.
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor.
- Puree until all ingredients are mixed well.
- Keep mixture in a bowl, set over ice while making wontons.
- Place 1 tbsp. of the mixture right in the center of the wonton.
- Fold corner to corner to make a triangle.
Return to Kitchen & Drink