posted on February 05, 2015 13:23
Guests rave about our Jalapeño Corn Spoon Bread at The Pearl. Now you can make it at home!
Jalapeño Corn Bread
- 10 oz. unsalted butter, melted
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- ¼ cup jalapeno peppers, diced, no seeds
- 1 pat of soft butter
- 6 tablespoons butter, whipped
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Small pinch cracked pepper
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Whisk together melted butter and sugar. Once combined, add eggs and whisk until combined. In a separate bowl, mix flour, cornmeal, salt and baking soda.
- Alternate adding dry mixture and buttermilk to the wet mixture until incorporated. Fold in the diced jalapenos. In a greased skillet, bake for 20-25 minutes or until the cornbread springs back when touched. Spread small amount of soft butter on top of cornbread while it is still hot.
- Serve with a side of whipped butter drizzled with honey and topped with cracked pepper.
Return to Kitchen & Drink